Hi from Thailand,

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Thai-Mike

Hi from Thailand,

Post by Thai-Mike »

I came to Thailand in 1995, felt in love with it and still here. I am married for 18 years, got a lovely daughter age 14. Why I came to Thailand, maybe one time I will tell. Just that I grew up in a foster-family where I was the labor and 16th spare-tire so to speak. :cry:

I am fascinate about Thailand, its people, culture, history, etc. I truly enjoy every moment of life in this fascinating vivid country. This amazing moments I will capture with my camera, sharing with my family, friends, and social Medias as well as forums and blogs.

I read a quote:

“Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.”

Earl Nightingale

This quote kicked in and I got literally the WOW loudly out of my mouth.

To me taking photographs around Thailand is all about what I see in my daily life and what I feel about it, and the small city in which I live inspired to write about Thailand as well.

The small city in which I live has no tourist attractions in the customary sense. It is a small town with more than 10,000 inhabitants. Many Chinese immigrants have settled here; agriculture is the main income. Many restaurants with the most different courts adorn the high street. The town looks hectic and, nevertheless, it has not lost in coziness. People are anyhow related around seven corners live in joy and warmth. Modern and antique are taking place side by side. Young and Old meet with respect. It is a pleasure living here.

Sometimes life is living us, and we dance like puppets on strings. But what makes us successful or in other words, what is the success? I read once a great thought about to succeed.

TO SUCCEED…

Author: Ralph Waldo Emerson
To laugh often and love much,
to win the respect of intelligent persons,
and the affection of children;
to earn the approbation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others;
to give one’s self;
to leave the world a bit better,
whether by a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
to have played and laughed with enthusiasm
and sung with exultation;
to know even one life has breathed easier
because you have lived —
this is, to have succeeded.

And as Jesus Christ once said: “Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day’s own trouble be sufficient for the day.”

I wish all the reader happiness on your path, and that you know that everybody laughs in the same language.

Michael, born in 1962 :mrgreen:

Some of you know me as YPE Banbung - Michael
My simple Gear Olympus EM5ii the Kit lens M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ + a CPL filter and L-plate
FlyfishnFoto

Re: Hi from Thailand,

Post by FlyfishnFoto »

Hi Mike,
Welcome to the forum
Ian
Thai-Mike

Re: Hi from Thailand,

Post by Thai-Mike »

Thank for the welcome Ian
My simple Gear Olympus EM5ii the Kit lens M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ + a CPL filter and L-plate