No pro at all

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
1957PLATO

No pro at all

Post by 1957PLATO »

Hi, my name is Patrick Gysen, username 1957PLATO, 1957 being my year of birth and Plato was my nickname at school. I studied ancient Greek in high school and pretended to be philosophical.
Now I am a couple of weeks away from being retired and I won’t be able to throw a party because of the virus situation.
I used to shoot slides in the late seventies, then stopped photography altogether but picked it up again some 14 years ago,this time digital (canon).
As many I found the size and weight of the full frame system become too much when hiking so I started to look for an alternative and found it in Olympus.
Don’t miss full frame and iq of my em1 II is just as good as that from my Canon 5iii.
I am an amateur who on rare occasions manages to squeeze out a decent shot.
Praise to Rob for his tutorials because frankly the Olympus menu system could be a little more user friendly.
I live in Belgium and mostly shoot street and people dancing salsa and tango.
Cheers,
Patrick.
1957PLATO

Re: No pro at all

Post by 1957PLATO »

Forgot to say you can see my pics on Flickr patrick.gysen
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Thanks for sharing. I know what it's like to put photography aside for years then come back to it.
One of the things I really enjoy is going back and looking at photos I took back in the 80's.
If you haven't already, you might want to look into scanning your old shots.

Congrats on your retirement!
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
marcel

Post by marcel »

Hi Patrick, my name is Marcel and I live in Liedekerke (Belgium). Sometimes I am also in our apartment in OSTEND. We should meet up for a photo walk and a nice cup of coffee. Hereby my mobile number 0468115860. I am leaving on Sept 24 to Oct 12 for Torre Del Mar (Spain), but after that we can meet. I am from the year 1963 and have to work for 2 more years. I can speak a little bit about old cameras, having worked for the press for about 10 years. My first camera was a Nikon FM2. Greetings Marcel
marcel

Post by marcel »

Hi PATRICK, also forgot to say, I also have a flickr account but will post pictures soon and add me to Rob TREKS group. On instagram just type my full name and you will see my account. I am considering taking Rob's online classes but have yet to find it. Rob's videos and photowalks and editing information are great. His photo editing is very good but he is too friendly according to my wife. We have to visit BRUGES together and take beautiful pictures and when Rob comes to Europe we have to convince him to visit BRUGES. We put him to sleep in Ostend
AmyMinnie

Post by AmyMinnie »

Thanks for sharing. I know what it's like to put photography aside for years then come back to it.
One of the things I really enjoy is going back and looking at photos I took back in the 80's.