Message from Rob Trek in Maryland USA

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Message from Rob Trek in Maryland USA

Post by Rob Trek »

Hi, Everyone!

Welcome to the community. I look forward to your stories, photos, and expertise in the world of photography.

On a great suggestion from MagRat, I wanted to make it easier for us to learn more about where we are all from and why we enjoy this wonderful hobby. To that end, when making a new post to introduce yourself, please share your location and username in the "Subject:".

So you might say: Hi from Rob Trek in the USA.

In the body, share whatever information you are comfortable with. Personally I'd love to hear your journey in photography, gear you use, and what you enjoy shooting. If you have any social media links or websites, I have a different thread for that or you can put them in your signature when setting up your user account.

Thanks again for taking the time to visit and I look forward to hearing from you.

-Rob
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
artl

Hello from ARTL in New Jersey

Post by artl »

Hello All:

I've been having fun with photography on and off for over 40 years. Started with Olympus 35 SP, had an XA for a long while.
Then when I got a little more serious I entered the world of Minolta - SRT-101. I got into macro work, got a bellows and the fantastic (for its time) the 100mm f/4 bellows lens. In the 1980s I started with Nikon and IIRC enjoyed the 200mm macro. In the late 1990s I switched to Canon and stayed with Canon until this last year where I got into Olympus MFT, discovered Rob and others, and am enjoying myself again with landscape and (now) some macro work.
It's great to have a lighter weight camera that is so functional and easier to use.

.....Art
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Re: Message from Rob Trek in Maryland USA

Post by Rob Trek »

Welcome, Artl! I have the SRT-101, left to me by my Dad. The Olympus MFT cameras are great. As you say, a lighter camera that's more than functional.
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
donde

Re: Message from Rob Trek in Maryland USA

Post by donde »

Hi Mr Trek,

This is Don near Los Angeles. Just bought the Olympus E-M5-Mark III with the kit 14-150mm lens. Have been too long on camera cell phones. Not a pro at all. But still have a few Canon Power Shots. This Olympus is overwhelming. Have taken a few shots in AUTO and they look good. But really want to learn this camera. I watched your tutorial Shooting Menu1. Understood about half of it. Do you have a basic tutorial for this camera? Is there a hypertext version of the Instruction Manual? It's sure a pain to have to scroll through all the pages to find something. Putting in the page number is cumbersome. Thanks again for setting up this forum.

Happy Holidays,
Don