EDIT MY PHOTO

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Serge Gi

Re: EDIT MY PHOTO

Post by Serge Gi »

Hi Marcel,
I did a edit of your photo. The right side is a bit blurry not sure how to fix it. Maybe a soft focus :)
Attachments
Photo  Edit-1.jpg
marcel

Post by marcel »

Thank you Serge for editing the photo. I love your style (the light colors, soft tones, soft focus, cropping the photo etc ..). I always start out too dark and then I have to start playing with light. I show your edits to my teacher and he tells me to go more towards your style. On the next live broadcast I'm going to send this photo for Rob's edit.
Serge Gi

Post by Serge Gi »

Thank you Marcel.
It's a good idea, i will like to see how Rob will process it.
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Awesome photo! Here's my edit.
Attachments
DSCF3305.jpg
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
marcel

Post by marcel »

Thank you Rob for the nice editing of the photo. Your live broadcasts are a kind of inspiration and motivation for editing photos for me. Rob you would be a perfect teacher for photography in Belgium. My teacher in Belgium also watches the broadcasts and finds it very educational and the viewers' photos very beautiful.
Greetings Marcel
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Post by Rob Trek »

Thanks, Marcel. I'm glad you find my streams helpful. I'm trying to give more critiques on each photo as I go along to make them more educational.

I'm not quite happy with the edit I did of your image above so I wanted to share a couple more. I wanted to simplify the scene to express the mood. I felt the boat and the person were competing with each other. Let me know what you think.

marcel wrote:
26 Feb 2021 17:08
Thank you Rob for the nice editing of the photo. Your live broadcasts are a kind of inspiration and motivation for editing photos for me. Rob you would be a perfect teacher for photography in Belgium. My teacher in Belgium also watches the broadcasts and finds it very educational and the viewers' photos very beautiful.
Greetings Marcel
Attachments
DSCF3305-4.jpg
DSCF3305-2.jpg
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
marcel

Post by marcel »

Rob, I think your first edit is very beautiful [nice colors and nice crop) and also your last edit (very nice crop, man with a lifebuoy).
What strikes me sometimes is that you and DEMORCAN like light colors and soft light, which I think is very beautiful.
I myself often make the same mistake starting with the dark photo and then playing with light a bit.
I miss the sharpness of WALTER ROWE, the color insight of DEMORCAN,
the roughness of IMAGERIDER, the insight of RANDY, the madness of DAVE NELSON and the judgment of ROB.
This is perfection.
Sorry for the mistakes in my English

Rob and the other people, thank you for everything
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

And, I miss the use of light and dark of the master at it Marcel. I really liked Serge's edit and the last one of Rob also. That last one Rob did has a mood to it I like.
marcel

Post by marcel »

I tried to make a copy of Rob's edit with affinity, and it turned out to be a cheap version (Rob's sky was cleaner).
Making a copy is certainly not easy, and certainly not with a different editing program.
I only added a light.
Greetings Marcel
Attachments
man aan zee6.jpg
man aan zee2.jpg
AmyMinnie

Post by AmyMinnie »

I can't load this file into any of the Editing programs I use ... Is there any chance you could convert it into some I could use ... Raw