Edit my picture

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
marcel

Edit my picture

Post by marcel »

Hi everyone, I hereby place a photo for editing. My editing was done with Affinity Photo. I'm sure there are going to be some great edits out there. I have to send in my exam on June 20 and hope that you can give me ideas with your edits. Thanks in advance.
I hereby send a photo of my photo material
marcel

Re: Edit my picture

Post by marcel »

my raw file
Attachments
DSCF4471.RAF
(47.93 MiB) Downloaded 763 times
marcel

Post by marcel »

my edit and my gear
Attachments
m1.jpg
rt6.jpg
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

I cannot see what you al the lens are. But I know I do not have any of them or the cameras. Very nice and a good match for your processing.
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

I am not happy with my masking. Still, it is an idea. Just something different than the direction you took with it. I have an idea to try tomorrow. I do not know if you a straight edit like this or I can add some textures and paint strokes.
Attachments
DSCF4471-edit.jpg
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

This a quick little fun edit I did. Just some paint strokes and a texture.
Attachments
DSCF4471-Edit-Art.jpg
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

Here is a very fast edit. All I did was accent detail a little. And then used Photoshop' dof tool (Depth Blur) as though the lens was a little faster instead of a 2.8. I did not want to push it too far. This is Beta Photoshop filter and I was seeing what it did and thought you might like to see the result also. It is not fully processed nor meant to be. I did some masking on my first attempts which I had trouble refining. This was without any masking and I kinda like it as a step in my workflow now.
Attachments
DSCF4471-edit-dof.jpg
marcel

Post by marcel »

Hello DeMorcan, sorry for responding so late but I think your first edit is the best. Which software do you use. Thank you for everything Demorcan.
DeMorcan

Post by DeMorcan »

The first one I used Photoshop and Studio 2 as a filter and hand masked it to process the color a little different in the background. Studio 2 was used to adjustment the microcontrast and highlight the waterdrops a little. The second one was not masked and I used Studio 2 as a filter as I like how it does textures. The third one was just a Depth Blur. Which made a very nice mask and I should have used that in the first one. I just wanted to see if if it would keep the front grass stem softer than the flowers like a faster lens would. I was testing the filter really and this was a nice shot to do it with. I start most things in Photoshop and use ACR (which is like Lightroom0. I use Lightroom for management an may start in Lightroom sometimes after I find the photo I want. Photoshop just does more than Lightroom for masking and spot editing.
Gerrit

Post by Gerrit »

very nice edits, i'll give it a try also.