A new OM-System Pen F II camera...

Siegfried

A new OM-System Pen F II camera...

Post by Siegfried »

In a recent OM-System OM-1 II overview, I said the following about the new 150-600m lens:-

"Why can't promoters spot the advantages? Because it's worth having a realistic conversation about this lens. Olympus photographers with the EM1 II/III, EM1X, and OM-1s get an equivalent reach of 1200mm at f6.3 and up to 8.5EV camera/lens stabilization. Compare this to FF cameras and the ISOs with cropping in post-processing to capture wildlife and birds at 1200mm. Chances are they will have more image noise with less than 20MP after cropping to an equivalent M43 view..." Considering this, does it matter if it's a Sigma?

I also argued that OM-System should consider a new OM-System camera. I proposed a new UI for the new OMS camera with features like a Sensor Performance Meter. Why this meter? I said the following:-

"OM-System has a unique window to launch a modernized User Interface with its first OM-System camera. While manufacturers did an excellent job of making digital cameras feel like old analog cameras, the User Interface and display features of modern digital cameras stagnated. The only things that constantly changed over the years are the different kinds of flippy displays and the look and feel of the menu..."

I also found discrepancies in one of the OM-System OM-1 II presentations. Should this concern us?

Best

Siegfried