Photography Clubs in DC MD VA

Tell us a little about yourself, share your social media and websites
Rob Trek
Site Admin

Photography Clubs in DC MD VA

Post by Rob Trek »

I've recently joined a photography club and have been really enjoying it. Small groups of photographers going out on photowalks, live conferencing, and more.

Ironically, if I don't make plans, I rarely get out of the house. This is a great way (for me, anyway) to get out and shoot. They meet almost every week, usually early morning on weekends. David Crooks manages the club and does a fantastic job. If you're in the area, join us on a photowalk.

https://www.meetup.com/Virginia-Beltway ... hy-Meetup/

-Rob
You can support this forum here: Buy me a coffee

:D Thank you! :D
WalterRowe

Re: Photography Clubs in DC MD VA

Post by WalterRowe »

Good idea Rob. There are several camera clubs in the area.
  • Bethesda Camera Club
  • Gaithersburg Camera Club
  • Anne Arundel Camera Club
  • Tidewater Camera Club (over on the Eastern Shore)
  • Baltimore Camera Club
  • Central Maryland Photographers Guild
You can also search Meetup.com for local camera groups in any area. I went to a few meetings for a group in Howard County. Meetup has listings for groups all over the country, maybe all over the world. Photo clubs are a great way to stay engaged with others and get inspiration and motivation.
--
"The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing". -Clyde Butcher
--
Walter Rowe Photography | Walter Rowe Biography | Capture One Affiliate
dcrooks

Re: Photography Clubs in DC MD VA

Post by dcrooks »

Besides the Meetup I created and organize, I am the webmaster of the Northern Virginia Photographic Society (NVPS.org). We meet every Tuesday night and have a monthly competition. Before the pandemic, we met at the firehouse in Dunn Loring, VA. Now, we do have Zoom meetings instead. We follow the school year, so it will start up again in September and will continue online. Membership is $55 a year and required to enter the competition.
David L. Crooks, Photographer
davidlcrooks@gmail.com